Understanding is a Dream
On my way to work the other day, I saw a rainbow. I took my usual exit and came to a stop light. The rainbow was pointing directly to a spot to the left of me, right where a homeless person stood with a cardboard sign.
What do you suppose that means??? Poverty and homelessness at the end of the rainbow.
I guess it reminded me of the Buddhist teachings of emptiness, no-self and renunciation. A pot of gold at the end of the rainbow in the form of renunciation.
Does anyone have any idea what the heck I'm talking about? Sometimes I feel like I should really just be quiet and not say anything. I want to be understood, but a lot of times it doesn't seem worth the effort.
Makes me think "understanding is a dream" to quote Robert Smith.

1 Comments:
You are seeing this world through the eyes God gave you. There is nothing wrong with that. We all see things differently. People sometimes agree on things, but sometimes not. If I were seeing this rainbow leading me to this poor man, I would have given him something- which may or may not have been the "right" thing to do. So one happening can cause us to do different things because we see things differently. But the important part is that it happened to you, not me or anyone else- so it is you that declares what it means in the moment ;)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home