Time to Slow Down
Wow, it's been a whole month since my last post. I guess it is because I've had a good month. Over the past month I have been enjoying my solitude and independence and haven't felt as lonely.
I've been seeing an acupuncturist for 6 weeks. My goal has been to come off the antidepressant Remeron. But I was a little too overzealous and quit it cold turkey 8 days ago. Yeah, that didn't work out so well. My body and my brain forgot how to function without it and I suddenly demanded that my body and brain remember RIGHT NOW! After several sleepless nights, anxiety, hand tremors and nausea, I decided I better just get back on it and start taking myself off it more gradually. I was feeling way too overconfident about getting off it really quickly on my own. I'll have to work with my doctor on that. Just a half dose (15mg) made me feel better this morning though so I'll stick with a half dose for a few weeks then cut it again.
I've always been in such a hurry my whole life. I think I need to reflect on that.
Also, I have a kamikaze attitude about getting through things - like the more pain I feel now the better I will be for it later, no pain, no gain. But I don't think I need to subject myself to such deliberate pain. Nice and easy does it. All in good time. I need to have patience with myself. I don't need to move so fast.
I don't need to worry that I won't get off it. I lived the previous 35 years without it. I just hit a bump in the road this time and made the decision to take meds so that I could be a good mother to my kids. All in good time, the bump in the road will be behind me and I will be off the antidepressant.

1 Comments:
Ah, yes. Meds. You can't live with em', you can't get off of em'. Make sure you focus your nutrition on fueling your immune system. This will help your brain and body adjust to not having the med. What has worked for me are those vitamin C packets called Emer Gen C. Also something called "Mag Fizz". It's has the vitamin C and Magnesium that mixes with water and it fizzes. It helps your immune system and anxiety. Most important is that you allow yourself an extra few hours of sleep when you can. Sleeping does wonders- so don't skimp! A/Ds are not considered unhealthy for you so there is no rush to get off of them. It's the benzos you have to worry about. They affect the brain in a negative way. And the withdrawal from benzos is a b*tch!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home