Superior Wives
I picked up a book titled The Superior Wife Syndrome: Why Women Do Everything So Well and Why--for the Sake of Our Marriages--We've Got to Stop by Carin Rubenstein. I only had a few minutes to read some of it yesterday so I jumped straight to the chapter on just what exactly a superior wife is supposed to do to resolve this problem.
I just sighed as I read it. Some of the suggestions were enlisting husbands to help resolve the superiority problem, telling husbands what and how to do things instead of just doing them ourselves, forgiveness, sexual bribery, illness or injury of the wife that causes a need for the husband to step up, and that’s as far as I got. Check, check and check. Done it all. Why did it fail? Because husbands may be willing but not be able. Because forgiveness is not helpful when it enables bad behavior. Because some husbands just become more needy in response to a wife who is making an effort to do less or who has become ill. Because some husbands who are assigned to do the dishes just use paper plates. Because sex isn't very fun for a woman who has to tell the man what to do all the time (at least for a lot of women).
That is all I have to say on the matter.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home