Friday, January 09, 2009

I Forgive Myself

I forgive myself for letting myself get sucked into some drama initiated by Husband. I violated my own boundary by responding to his drama with a long winded email.

I will stop that. I am still doing OK. I will do better next time. I have compassion for myself for the pain that that mistake has caused me. I forgive myself. I will stick to the boundaries that I have set that make me feel good about myself. I don't need to explain to anyone why I need these boundaries. I don't need to adjust them for anyone. I can trust my gut to tell me whether the boundaries I have set are good for me or not.

I have advised him that I only want minimal to no contact at this time. I want to restrict contact to email and only regarding important information about the kids. Of course he is confused about whether or not I see hope for us getting back together in the future.

Right now I need no contact, but that will change eventually. Just not now. I am working on myself and my recovery. Until I feel well enough and strong enough, minimal contact with him is what feels good for me. It has only been four months since we separated. I am not going to go into long explanations with him about how this stuff takes time. No more long explanations. No more attempts to justify my needs. These are my needs. I respect them. I expect others to respect them. End of story.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That other post wasn't long winded. I was like "SNNNNAP!" when I read it. Sometimes people just need to be told. You were good about leaving no room to argue or dispute. No shame in it! Keep on getting better and keep on making your life and your kid's lives safe and happy ;) I want to see you come alive again, this time with a new maturity, spirituality and center. You are inspiring me to deal with my own co-dependency issues!

I love you Becca!

2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home